Monday, June 21, 2010

Just a little Q and A

Brisco, at 8 a.m.: Mom, can I have a popsicle?
Me: Brisco, it’s 8 a.m.

Brisco: Mom, when you loose all your teeth, will you die?
Me: No.
Brisco: Will you get new teeth?
Me: Yes.
Brisco: Will you die when you are, like, a hundred?
Me: Probably.

Cooper, looking at my sleeveless, under arm during worship services, and with huge eyes says: What’s that white stuff?
Me, trying not to let him see me smile: That’s so I don’t sweat and stink.

Brisco, at 9 a.m.: Mom, can I have a popsicle yet?
Me: Are you serious?

Brisco, while watching me make oatmeal: Why does that pan of water make that noise?
Me: Because the water is getting hot.
Brisco: Why is it getting hot?
Me. Because it is going to cook the oats.
Brisco: Why are there tiny bubbles in the water?
Me: The water is getting ready to boil.
Brisco: What is boil?
Me. Big bubbles that will melt your face off.
Brisco: There’s the big bubbles, Mom. Can I pour the stuff in?
Me. Not a chance. But you can help me stir.
Brisco: Aw, just give me a spoon. I’ll eat the oats right outa the box.

Cooper, with a huge grin, the next time we are sitting in worship service: Hey Mom, remember that white stuff?

Brisco, at 9:30 a.m.: Mom, may I please have a popsicle yet?
Me: It’s 9:30 in the morning. When you get up and do something that makes you sweat, you can have a popsicle.

Cooper: Is Joe going to the major leagues?
Me: Are you talking about Daddy’s Joe?
Cooper: Yes. Is he going to the major leagues since he finished high school?
Me: Well, first you usually go to college, unless you’re really, really good, like Jeter.
Cooper: Well, I wanna go to OU. Then I’ll go to the Yankees.

Brisco: Mom, can we get a cat?
Me: Absolutely not.
Brisco: (Indignantly) Fine. But when you die, I’m getting a cat!
Me: You go right ahead.

Brisco: Mom, did you know baby Caleb drinks milk from Aunt Rhetta’s shirt?
Me: Really? Wow.
Brisco: You need to get you one of those shirts!
Me: Here. Have a popsicle.

And that’s All in a day’s work!

1 comment:

Kristi Reise said...

LOL!!! Soooo funny! Love it!